This is how I Chana Masala...
I recently bought a slow cooker.
I've recently been eating a lot at 4505 BBQ.
I've recently been shopping at Fatted Calf.
This is my second attempt at Chana Masala.
This recipe is pretty straight forward.
This recipe is not for people on the Paleo diet. This recipe is not for people on the soylent diet. This recipe is not for people on the 'fill in the blank with whatever stupid fad diet is trending on facebook'.
This recipe is for people who like to feel their heartbeat, enjoy sports and understand the value of eating a balanced diet.
- 2 cups chickpeas (from Rainbow Grocery)
- 2 teaspoons home-made Chana spice (a mix of turmeric, garam masala, cumin)
- 3/4 small can of organic tomato paste
- The shank off 1 Fatted Calf cider brined pork chop (pic on instagram)
- The oil from the pan that I cooked the cider brined pork chop in
- A cut of fat from the cider brined pork chop
- Some salt
- A gob of coconut oil
- 1/2 sweet onion sliced in small slivers
Put it in the slow cooker with 3 or 4 fingers of water above the chickpeas and cook from 9pm to 6am.
The only thing better than eating this for lunch would be eating this for lunch and then getting ice cream. Hit me up if that is you. @startuplandia